With rolling hills, beautiful homes, award-winning schools and safe neighborhoods, Yorba Linda’s tagline of “Land of Gracious Living” says it all. The City of Yorba Linda is located 25 miles southeast of Los Angeles and 95 miles north of San Diego. It is bordered by the City of Anaheim to the south, Placentia to the west, Brea to the north, and other unincorporated portions of Orange County.
Angel Stadium (home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team) is a mere 8 miles away, while Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm are respectively 10 and 12 miles from Yorba Linda. Skiing, hiking, fishing and camping are but a one hour drive to the nearby San Bernardino and San Gabriel Mountains.
HOME SWEET HOME
Yorba Linda is recognized as an affluent suburban community of single-family homes on large lots. There are approximately 20, 700 housing units in Yorba Linda with prices ranging from $500,000 to more than $3 million. Yorba Linda is also known for its more than 100 miles of equestrian, biking and walking trails throughout the community.
BEST PLACE TO LIVE
In 2005, Yorba Linda was ranked 21st among the best places in the U.S. to live by CNN. CNNMoney went on to report that Yorba Linda was also the richest city in Orange County and one of the richest cities in the U.S. according to census data showing a median household income of more than $120,000.
DISTINGUISHED & AWARD WINNING SCHOOLS
The Placentia/Yorba Linda School District includes 23 elementary schools, seven middle schools and seven high schools. Because Yorba Linda students consistently place near the top of Orange County schools in standardized academic achievement tests, and 95% of graduates pursue post-secondary degrees, many residents choose to reside in Yorba Linda because of the schools. Two-year and four-year public schools Santiago Canyon College and Hope International University are also close by.
AN ECLECTIC MIX OF PLACES OF WORSHIP
Yorba Linda is noted for its diverse range of places of worship. There are many churches of different faiths throughout the city, including churches that cater to Polish and Danish congregations.
Vocal Magic Jazz Singers hit a sweet note with area residents, and the locally based Southern California Philharmonic Symphony provides the community with high-quality musical performances. The Yorba Linda Civic Light Opera offers professional entertainment at the Forum Theater.
A PRESIDENTIAL CONNECTION
Yorba Linda is the birthplace of Richard Nixon, the 37th President of the United States, and the Richard Nixon Library is a popular attraction within the city limits.
PREMIER LIFESTYLE AND RECREATION OPTIONS
- Three state-of-the-art equestrian arenas and more than 100 miles of equestrian, biking and walking trails
- The Rinks – Yorba Linda Ice Skating Rink – fun for the whole family
- The Yorba Linda Country Club. A private golf club featuring a Harry Rainville-designed championship layout with social and recreational amenities
- Black Gold Golf Club – rated 4.5 stars by Golf Digest’s ‘Best Places to Play’
- The Yorba Linda Community Center offers a range of programs for all ages
- Sports Fitness and Rehabilitation Center
- Yorba Linda Public Library – founded in 1913
- Chino Hills State Park – offers a natural wilderness area
- Shopping Centers: Savi Ranch, Eastlake Village, Mercado Del Rio, Packing House Square, Country Club Village, and Yorba Linda Station Plaza
- Fiesta Days Parade and Street Fair – Annual event on the last Saturday of October
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- The Yorba Linda Community Foundation funds a variety of educational programs, recreational services and cultural arts
- The Fullerton/Yorba Linda Rainbow Girls is a part of The International Order of the Rainbow for Girls, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization for girls 11-20
- Yorba Linda Heritage Museum at the historic Susanna Bixby Bryant Ranch
- Genealogical Society of North Orange County California
- Yorba Linda Arts Alliance
- North County Singles
- John Force Racing – Facilities and museum for 16 time NHRA Funny Car Champion John Force
- Orange County Cavy Haven (rescue group for guinea pigs)